Petrotech, Inc. headquartered in New Orleans, Louisiana has been providing advanced Reciprocating and TurboMachinery control systems to the global energy industry for more than 40 years.
The control systems include new and retrofit:
- Integrated Driver/Load Controls for:
- Ancillary Equipment:
- Liquid/Gas Fuel Conversion
- Water/Steam Injection for NOx reduction
We provide customized reciprocating and turbomachinery control systems designed to improve production processes, reduce operating costs, and increase revenue while maintaining a high degree of safety for equipment and personnel. In our peer group of reciprocating and turbomachinery control system companies, Petrotech provides the most innovative solutions for unusual and difficult control challenges.
Petrotech’s control systems solutions have been successfully deployed to energy sectors, such as oil, gas, petrochemical, and power generation industries. Our library of mature software applications, purpose-built centrifugal compressor anti-surge and process control, gas turbine fuel regulation, and steam turbine control have been developed and improved over a period of 40+ years and have logged millions of hours successfully controlling and optimizing the operation of and protecting a variety of reciprocating and turbomachinery applications.
Some of our reciprocating and turbomachinery applications include but are not limited to the following:
- Auxiliary Systems
- De-Coking Control Systems
- Gas & Steam Turbine Controls
- Generator Control Systems
- Hydroelectric Turbine Control Systems
- Reciprocating Compressor Controls
- Reciprocating and Diesel Engine Controls
- Turbo Compressor Anti-Surge, Loadshare, and Performance Controls
Petrotech has the specialized hazardous area know-how in electrical and mechanical engineering covering different customer requirements and industry standards, including IEC, CENELEC, BASEEFA, ISSeP, PTB, UL, API, BS, FM, CSA, NFPA, IECEx, ATEX, NEC, LLOYDS etc.
Our control systems can be designed to meet rigid standards, such as:
Systems to Meet Following Standards:
- North American NEC500 standards, based on the traditional Class / Division / Group system
- North American NEC505 standards, based on Zoned classification system
- European ATEX Standards, based on Zoned classification system
- Other global standards such as IECEx, based on Zoned classification system
Protection Types Offered:
- Flameproof – Exd
- Increased safety – Exe
- Pressurized – Exp
- Intrinsic safety – Exia/b
- Non-incentive – Exn (including ExnR)
- Encapsulation – Exm
Learn More About Our New Orleans Location
Petrotech’s New Orleans headquarters is located adjacent to the Mississippi River, on the stately, oak tree lined Brookhollow Esplanade between Jefferson Highway and River Road. We’re just a 30-minute drive to historic New Orleans French Quarter (Vieux Carre) and downtown New Orleans, easily accessed by several interstate highways, making us convenient for all visitors and equipment shipments. We work with companies of all sizes and can provide your company with most everything you need to control all your reciprocating and turbomachinery from a single turnkey source. Review our control systems white papers to learn more about our technical processes, then contact us at Petrotech to request more information.
Access to the New Orleans Facility is via the following major terminals:
Mode Terminal Distance
Motor Interstates 10 and 12 5 miles/8 km
Air Louis Armstrong International (MSY) 10 miles/16 km
Sea Port of New Orleans 12 miles/19 km
Rail Port of New Orleans 12 mile/19 km