Petrotech has been providing reciprocating and turbomachinery control systems to the global energy industries since 1978 and we now provide full services from our manufacturing facility in Suffolk, England.
Petrotech began supplying reciprocating and turbomachinery control systems to energy-related companies from our New Orleans, Louisianan manufacturing facility in 1978. In 2005 we began expanding our operations to Houston, Texas and then made our United Kingdom debut in 2013 when we acquired the Systems Division of Amot UK.
The control systems include new and retrofit:
- Integrated driver/load controls for:
- Gas/steam/hydro turbines and reciprocating engines driving generators, compressors and pumps.
- Anti-surge control (ASC) for centrifugal compressors
- Ancillary equipment:
- Liquid/gas fuel conversion
- Water/steam injection for NOx reduction
We provide customized reciprocating and turbomachinery control systems designed to improve production processes, reduce operating costs, and increase revenue while maintaining a high degree of safety for equipment and personnel.
Petrotech’s control systems solutions have been successfully deployed to energy sectors, such as oil, gas, petrochemical and power generation industries. Our library of mature software applications, purpose-built centrifugal compressor anti-surge and process control, gas turbine fuel regulation and steam turbine control have been developed and improved over a period of 40+ years and have logged millions of hours successfully controlling and optimizing the operation of and protecting a variety of reciprocating and turbomachinery applications.
Some of our applications include but are not limited to the following:
- Auxiliary Systems
- De-Coking Control Systems
- Gas & Steam Turbine Controls
- Generator Control Systems
- Hydroelectric Turbine Control Systems
- Reciprocating Compressor Controls
- Reciprocating and Diesel Engine Controls
- Turbo Compressor Anti-Surge, Loadshare, and Performance Controls
Petrotech has the specialized hazardous area know-how in electrical and mechanical engineering covering different customer requirements and industry standards, including IEC, CENELEC, BASEEFA, ISSeP, PTB, UL, API, BS, FM, CSA, NFPA, IECEx, ATEX, NEC, LLOYDS etc.
Our control systems can be designed to meet rigid standards such as:
Systems to Meet Following Standards:
- North American NEC500 standards, based on the traditional Class / Division / Group system
- North American NEC505 standards, based on Zoned classification system
- European ATEX Standards, based on Zoned classification system
- Other global standards such as IECEx, based on Zoned classification system
Protection Types Offered:
- Flameproof – Exd
- Increased safety – Exe
- Pressurized – Exp
- Intrinsic safety – Exia/b
- Non-incentive – Exn (including ExnR)
- Encapsulation – Exm
Learn More About Our Bury St. Edmonds Location
Our UK facility is located along Western Way in the historic town of Bury St. Edmunds, located in the county of Suffolk. Our Suffolk location is situated near A14, A134, A143 and other major roads, making us easily accessible to the many energy companies we serve across the globe.
We work with companies of all sizes and can provide your company with most everything you need to control all your reciprocating and turbomachinery from a single turnkey source. Review our control systems white papers to learn more about our technical processes, then contact us at Petrotech to request more information.